Welcome to my constantly changing genealogy website - it is very much a work in progress as I sort through information obtained over many years. If you believe we have a common ancestor, I hope that you will contact me so we can compare and share info. I may have more info than appears here and can provide more detailed source references. Additional information and corrections are both appreciated.
For the most part, this site only includes persons I believe to be deceased. As a result, some events, like marriages, that involve two persons will be excluded if one of the persons is marked as still living in my database. However, it is possible that the living person's name will show up in a source citation if the record of the marriage is used as a source document for another event.
N E W ... Thanks to a new software upgrade and some layout changes, the site is now much more friendly to mobile users:
• The menus have been consolidated, using more drop-down sub-menus for a cleaner interface. For example, the "New" button on the main menu has a drop-down menu for easy access to all the pages regarding additions and changes to the site. The "Indexes" button has drop-downs for the various name and place indexes, including the Surname Index.
• Some of the drop-down menus may only be partially visible on smaller screens. To help reduce the need for scrolling, you can use the top level button to open a page with the same links that IS user friendly; e.g. click the "New" button above and you'll go to a page with the same links that are in the drop-down menu.
• Unfortunately, charts are an exception due to the nature of their layout - they do still require scrolling.
A quick navigation tip - these limited indexes will save time if you are only interested in one of my lines:
- Kuhn Index is the line of my paternal grandfather, Herbert Samuel Kuhn
- Church Index is the line of my paternal grandmother, Nellie Belle Church
- Harris Index is the line of my maternal grandfather, Charles McClure Harris
- Aston Index is the line of my maternal grandmother, Dessie Charlotte Aston
In the interest of protecting privacy:
- Detailed information regarding living persons has been excluded from this site. However, living persons may appear in photos or be included in transcripts of commonly available records such as obituaries.
- I have also limited the level of source information published here - no addresses, telephone numbers, etc.
Refer to the updates page for a list of the most recent updates; and remember that the date last edited appears on each person's page.
Most of all ... Have fun digging into your past!
Facts cannot be copyrighted ~ you can freely use names, dates, places, etc. However, the narratives are my creative work product and as such they are copyrighted. You may copy them for your personal use only; they are not to be republished in any form unless you have obtained written permission from me. Please respect my copyright and do not copy my narratives word-for-word to your tree on Ancestry.com or elsewhere without my consent.
Many of the photos on this site were taken by me or scanned from originals that I own. Others are photos which the owner permitted me to scan or are digital photos I have been given permission to use. Copyrighted images may not be copied without the consent of the copyright holder - contact me if you are interested in one of the photos.
Before using any info from this site on your own site, in an online tree, or in your records, please read my Citations page for suggestions (the link also appears at the top of every page). Thank you.