The Bartlett-Rulong Cemetery is a small family cemetery located on Fork Ridge Road, Moundsville, Marshall County, West Virginia. This small family cemetery sits on land that was owned by Rufus Bartlett in the 1800's and subsequently passed to the Rulong family via the marriage of his daughter Emeline to John Rulong.
Persons who were buried here are shown below using these columns:
- Name: Primary name; maiden name for married women.
- Name on Stone: Self-explanatory.
- Date of Death: May be same as stone, but often comes from death records or other sources.
- Date of Burial: Usually from death certificate, obituary, funeral card, etc.
- Special Inscriptions and Comments: Inscriptions are italicized; my comments are not. Inscriptions generally exclude dates as the intent is to capture special or unique ones.
|Name||Name on Stone||Date of Death||Date of Burial||Special Inscriptions and Comments|
|Bartlett, Auborn||Auborn, son of R. & C. Bartlett||10 Feb 1832||Died Feb 10th 1832, Aged 19 d's|
|Bartlett, Emeline S.||Emeline Rulong||2 May 1907||John Rulong and Emeline, his wife|
|Bartlett, Rufus||Rufus Bartlett||1 May 1862||Died May 1, 1862 In his __ Yr.|
|Bartlett, Teresa Elzina||Teresa E. Bartlett||1 Oct 1853||IN Memory of Teresa E. Bartlett, died Oct 1st 1853. Aged 19 yr's 4 d's.|
"BEAR me ye spirits of the blest, To zions bowers of joy and peace, Where all is love and heavenly rest, And holy anthems never cease." (verse from a Universalist hymn)
"How short the race our daughter has run, Cut down in all her bloom, Her course but yesterday begun, Now finished in the tomb." (verse from an Episcopal hymn)
|Rulong, John||John Rulong||6 Dec 1904|
|Sherwin, Cleopatra||Cleopatra, wife of Rufus Bartlett||19 Dec 1860||Died Dec 19, 1860 In her 61_ Yr.|
Whilst in His embrace our Mother lies, Her spirit ... In realms ...