The Harris Family Cemetery sits on land John Harris received for his Revolutionary War service. The original cemetery was located at the intersection of Fork Ridge and Bear Ridge in Marshall County, West Virginia. When the current landowner created a driveway there, he moved the headstones to his yard (they are under a tree next to his house).
Persons who were buried here are shown below using these columns:
- Name: Primary name; maiden name for married women.
- Name on Stone: Self-explanatory.
- Date of Death: May be same as stone, but often comes from death records or other sources.
- Date of Burial: Usually from death certificate, obituary, funeral card, etc.
- Special Inscriptions and Comments: Inscriptions are italicized; my comments are not. Inscriptions generally exclude dates as the intent is to capture special or unique ones.
|Name||Name on Stone||Date of Death||Date of Burial||Special Inscriptions and Comments|
|(unknown), Mary||Mary, wife of Enoch Marpole||12 Jun 1831||Blessed are the dead |
Who die in the Lord
The rest from their labour
And their works do follow them
|Binnegar, Nancy Agnes||Agness Harris||Apr 1857|
|Harris, Flora R.||Flora R. Harris||29 Apr 1865||daughter of J. A. & I. Harris|
|Harris, John||John Harris||1837||Drummer, 11 Virg Regt, Revolutionary War|