Corrina E. Harris1
Mother: Lucinda Aojelo
Birth date: about 1859.1 It has also been reported that Corrina was born about 1860.2
Birth place: Virginia.1
- Family Line(s):
- Harris Index
- [S1096] Francis Harris household, 1860 U.S. Census, Marshall County, Virginia, Moundsville Post Office, page 121, National Archives micropublication M653_1360.
- [S142] Francis Harris household, 1880 U.S. Census, Iroquois County, Illinois, Douglas Township, Enumeration District 129, pages 14B and 15C (171 stamped), National Archives micropublication T9_214.
Glen Richmond Harris1
Mother: Mary Ann Horner
Birth date: 30 July 1926
Birth place: Fork Ridge, Glen Easton, Marshall County, West Virginia.2
Glen's first marriage was to Helen Lois Alley, daughter of Forrest William Alley and Vella Church, on 20 January 1945 at Moundsville, Marshall County, West Virginia. J. R. Harris, a minister of the Church of Christ, certified that he united them in marriage.2
As of 25 December 1945, Glen was employed by Fostoria Glass Company Moundsville, Marshall County, West Virginia.3
As of 1976, Glen and Helen lived at 3189 Union SE Av, Minerva, Stark County, Ohio.4 He became a widower at age 67 when Helen died on 20 March 1994.5,6
Glen was an evangelist with the Church of Christ for many years.7
During the September Church family reunion, Glen's brother, Paul, offered his home at 708 Glenwood Avenue in Moundsville as a meeting point for Glen (who was living in Ohio) and me (J. Dalton, living in Pennsylvania). The three of us spent an enjoyable October afternoon looking through Glen's photo albums and telling "stories" as I scanned photos and made notes. In the end, Glen let me borrow his albums to scan more photos at home ... there were just so many as we shared not only the Harris line, but also my Church line through Glen's marriage to Helen Alley. We later met a second time at Paul's house to return the albums to Glen and continue sharing family memories.7
At age 87, Glen died on 20 June 2014 in Cedar Hill Care Center, Zanesville, Muskingham County, Ohio.8 An online obituary was published by the Grisell Funeral Home.8 The following is a transcription of that obituary:
July 30, 1926 - June 20, 2014
Harris, Glen R., age 87 of New Concord, OH, formerly of Moundsville, WV died Friday, June 20, 2014 in Cedar Hill Care Center, Zanesville, OH.
He was born July 30, 1926 the son of the late James Ray and Mary Horner Harris.
He was a former Church of Christ minister.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his first wife, Helen Alley Harris; and a son, David Ray Harris.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Roe Shepherd Harris; four sons, Dick (Sharon) Harris of New Concord, Steve (Denise) Harris of Woodsfield, OH, Brent (Pamela) Harris of Ft. Worth, TX, and John (Vikki) Harris of Streetsboro, OH; two daughters, Lois (Roger) Sivard of Graysville, OH, and Susan (Richard) Simons of East Rochester, OH; a daughter-in-law, Deanna (Steve) Miller of Charlotte, NC; five step-children, Barbara (Don) Hartley of Quaker City, OH, Nancy (Craig) Herwick and Sue (Brent) Fisher, all of Barnesville, OH, Greg Shepherd of Old Washington, OH, and Lynn (Dave) Barr of Barnesville, OH; a brother, H. Paul Harris of Moundsville; a sister, Mary (Harlan) Wood of Jonesboro, AR; 20 grandchildren; 31 great-grandchildren; 8 great-great grandchildren; 5 step-grandchildren; 4 step-great grandchildren; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Family will receive friends on Monday from 2-4 and 6-8pm at Grisell Funeral Home &
Crematory, 400 Jefferson Avenue, Moundsville where funeral services will be held Tuesday at 11:00am.
Interment in Salem Cemetery, Glen Easton, WV.
Memorial contributions may be made to your local Church of Christ."
[original spelling and punctuation retained]
A memorial service for Glen was conducted on 23 June 2014 at Grisell Funeral Homes & Crematory, 400 Jefferson Avenue, Moundsville, Marshall County, West Virginia.8 His body was interred on 24 June 2014 in the Salem Church of Christ Cemetery, Bowman Ridge, Glen Easton, Marshall County, West Virginia.8
Deceased Child of Glen Richmond Harris and Helen Lois Alley:
- David Ray Harris+ b. 12 May 1965, d. 17 August 1992
- [S86] Family information sheet completed during Church family reunion, 07 September 2002.
- [S578] Marriage License for Glen R. Harris and Helen Lois Alley, Marshall County, electronic image by West Virginia Archives & History, online http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_mcsearch.aspx, file 4130847_00175.jpg.
- [S527] Richard L. Harris, Marshall County Indexed Register of Births, electronic image by West Virginia Archives & History, online http://www.wvculture.org/vrr/va_bcsearch.aspx, file 4130822_00409.jpg.
- [S1934] U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1, online http://www.ancestry.com (Provo, Utah: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2010), Glen R. Harris data, supports street address. Original data compiled from Voter Registration Lists, Public Record Filings, Historical Residential Records, and Other Household Database Listings spanning all 50 states in the United States from 1950 to 1993.
- [S762] Funeral memorial card, (Moundsville, West Virginia: Grisell Funeral Home), Helen L. Harris, 23 March 1994 service.
- [S899] Helen L. Harris, Social Security Death Index, compiled by Ancestry.com, online http://www.ancestry.com/search/DB.aspx?dbid=3693, supports month and year of birth.
- [S9] Personal knowledge of Jo Ellen (Kuhn) Dalton.
- [S1933] Glen R. Harris obituary, presented by Grisell Funeral Home, Moundsville, West Virginia, online http://www.grisellfuneralhomes.com